GMA IS A PIG, NOYNOY A RAT, VILLAR AN OX & GIBO A DRAGON!
[PHOTO AT LEFT - Photo is loading... From http://ilearn-culture.com]
MANILA, FEBRUARY 21, 2010 (STAR) BULL MARKET, BULL SHEET By Wilson Lee Flores -
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future. — John F. Kennedy
Fear not for the future, weep not for the past. — Percy Bysshe Shelley
Whether entrepreneur, tycoon, student, housewife, professional or election candidate, all of us are curious — some inordinately obsessed — with trying to know the future. How will the stock market prices be tomorrow, the foreign exchange rate of the weakening US dollar, the weather, what about the odds in the coming May elections or the sales of your business this year? Opinion surveys, fortunetellers, so-called feng shui or geomancy experts, financial analysts, political pundits and even economists with their varying assumptions all try to foretell the future.
Recently, I was invited to attend the interesting talk of American book author Joel C. Rosenberg, who discussed the present and possible future of geopolitics in the Middle East and the world based on ancient Bible prophecies. He urged all Christians to support the state of Israel and the Jewish people scattered in global diaspora. He also warned against the allegedly rogue state of Iran and extremist Muslim radicals.
His talk, organized by the Christ Commission Fellowship (CCF) at the Crowne Plaza Hotel last Jan. 21, was attended by many business and political VIPS like Henry Sy Jr., Washington SyCip, Richard Gordon, Mar Roxas, Bayani Fernando, Marides Fernando, Kuh Ledesma and even young Mikee Cojuangco Jaworski.
The Western calendar year 2010 is actually already the 4,707th year of the ancient Chinese lunar calendar. I am a Christian who does not believe in zodiac signs, whether Chinese or Western, but for the sheer fun of it, I recently searched through the countless Internet sources claiming to foretell the future based on the Chinese horoscope. I researched our top election candidates.
• President and future congresswoman Gloria Macapagal Arroyo was born on April 5, 1947; thus her Chinese zodiac sign is that of the “Fire Pig.”
Warning: one Chinese zodiac source claims that “2010 may not be the greatest of years for the Pig ... there is the possibility of a lawsuit coming to the Pig this year so it is highly recommended to be careful when you are signing contracts or dealing with people, especially if you have an important room or main door in the south or southeast.” Wow! That forecast sounds so familiar, if we remember the public promises of opposition candidates for the polls.
GMA’s critics need not jump for joy too prematurely, because it also claims: “It’s not all bad; if you keep a positive attitude and put effort into your work, you can make 2010 a successful year for you. Your health will be average throughout 2010 although you could suffer from minor illnesses or accidents, which is why you should avoid dangerous sports and activities. Arguments will take place with married couples this year so try and keep peace around the house.”
• Noynoy Aquino was born on Feb. 8, 1960 and is a “Metal Rat.” A Chinese horoscope source claims: “2010 will be a great year overall for the Rat, although you will need to put some effort in and also follow all the advice here along with the annual flying stars. This year should be good for wealth, career and general luck. Those Rats born in 1960 and 1972 need to make extra time for those that are important to them; this could involve taking them on a trip that you might be planning or just spending more time socially.”
Are wedding bells possible this year? A forecast says: “Unmarried Rats can expect new relationships for 2010 and the possibility of marriage is strong in this year…”
Is this prediction possible good news for Noynoy? It says: “2010 will see the Rat facing change in their work. This will frequently be that the Rat is given the chance to further their responsibilities in some way. The Rat will have the opportunities to progress well this year. If a Rat is looking for a change in their professional path, 2010 can give them some excellent opportunities as long as they are not too restrictive and should be happy to take advice. They will greatly benefit from this and could discover many options that they have never previously considered.”
Additional interesting advice for the smoker Noynoy Aquino: “Rats born in 1960 will benefit from getting more exercise, especially as they are either 50 or coming up to it and a perfect time to give up some unhealthy vices like smoking or drinking.”
• Manny Villar was born on Dec. 13, 1949 and is an “Earth Ox.” The senator seems lucky based on this forecast: “The astrology readings in 2010 for those born in the Year of the Ox tell us that the tiger year 2010 will favor the male ox more compared to the female Ox. What are the most important areas that we want to know when we check out the Chinese zodiac Ox predictions in 2010? Important sectors that we hope our lucky stars will shine on include areas such as our health, relationships with people, wealth and work at the office.”
The forecast continued with advice for not spending too much, which might apply to Senator Villar, perhaps? It says: “The Ox will have some good wealth luck in 2010. There will be a constant flow of money coming in for the Ox in 2010. Do remember to control your expenses and the Chinese astrology predictions for Ox in the tiger year 2010 predicts some auspicious stars if you are in a people-oriented industry or service industry. For the Ox in 2010, this Chinese horoscope animal will see many new opportunities to be taken advantage of during this tiger year where your work star will shine very bright.”
• Joseph Estrada was born on April 19, 1937 and is a “Fire Ox.”
• Gilbert Teodoro was born on June 14, 1964 and is a “Wood Dragon.” Is this also possibly a good year for Gibo? His forecast says: “The year 2010 is a year of ups and downs for the Dragon although overall the year will be good. Dragons will be enthusiastic about advancing at work and will feel ready for new challenges with the new experiences they have had throughout 2009. They will be persistent when applying for new jobs although the year of the tiger will produce a lack of results, which can discourage you at times; but stay strong, you will miss some opportunities but a good one will appear that you thought you had no chance of getting! Aim high and do not underestimate your abilities for work in 2010.”
This prediction seems to apply to underdog Gibo’s current situation in the surveys: “Expect a few ups and downs in 2010 but on the whole you can expect some very good news regardless of what year you were born and try not to worry so much; it really is not as bad as you think and remember it is better to look where you’re going than to see where you’ve been.”
• Richard Gordon was born on Aug. 5, 1945 and is a “Wood Rooster.”
• Eddie Villanueva was born on Oct. 6, 1946 and is a “Fire Dog.”
The vice presidential bets:
• Mar Roxas was born on May 13, 1957 and is a “Fire Rooster.”
• Loren Legarda was born on Jan. 28, 1960 and is a “Metal Rat.”
• Jejomar Binay was born on Nov. 11, 1941 and is a “Metal Snake.”
• Edu Manzano was born on Sept. 14, 1955 and is a “Wood Sheep.”
What animal are you according to the ancient and fascinating Chinese and East Asian zodiac?
Whatever your astrological sign or the predictions claimed by soothsayers and so-called fortunetellers, whatever our past or present circumstances, I believe our future is in our hands. We are the masters of our own destiny.
I believe hard work, discipline, resourcefulness, guts, perseverance, iron will and unwavering faith in God will guarantee us genuine good luck!
Chief News Editor: Sol Jose Vanzi
© Copyright, 2010
by PHILIPPINE HEADLINE NEWS ONLINE
All rights reserved
PHILIPPINE HEADLINE NEWS ONLINE [PHNO] WEBSITE