FERNANDEZ SAYS HE'S NO WIFE BEATER
MANILA, February 16, 2005 (STAR) Cage legend Ramon Fernandez yesterday denied all charges hurdled by estranged wife Marissa, including a wife battery rap she lodged at the Muntinlupa City Prosecutor’s Office.
"I read the reports that Marissa has filed a case against me for ‘battery.’ Although I haven’t received a copy of the complaint, newspaper reports indicate that she has accused me of having committed physical violence against her. I deny this," said Fernandez in a statement faxed to The STAR last night.
Although the four-time PBA MVP admitted that they had been estranged for years now and had a minimal contact with her for a long time, Fernandez said he could not understand why "it has to come to this and how she could make up stories as incredible as this."
In her complaint affidavit, Marissa claimed that the former PBA star had abused her "verbally, emotionally, psychologically and physically during our 27 years of marriage."
Marissa has also demanded for the full custody of their four children and P300, 000 in monthly financial support.
"I filed the case in Muntinlupa court under the law protecting battered women and children. I filed, seeking protection order for my self and for my children. I have been living this life for 27 years and I have suffered so much already. It has been 27 years of battery and philandering," she told an interview with dzMM.
According to her, the pain and suffering caused by her last ordeal in the hands of her husband last year were still fresh in her memory.
But Fernandez maintained that he remained the same Mon Fernandez that the people knew him to be, and not that monster depicted by his estranged wife in the newspaper accounts that recently came out.
"This incident has given me more motivation to seek freedom from her. I am now seriously considering pursuing this legally by filing a petition for nullity of marriage. As what one of my sons suggested to me, I am also entitled to be happy," said Fernandez.
Marissa admitted that the PBA legend, who is also a barangay councilor, has left their home in Ayala-Alabang Village four months ago.
Reported by: Sol Jose Vanzi
© Copyright, 2005
by PHILIPPINE HEADLINE NEWS ONLINE
All rights reserved
PHILIPPINE HEADLINE NEWS ONLINE [PHNO] WEBSITE