ANTIVIRUS SOLUTION FOR SMARTPHONES, PDAs OUT
MANILA, MARCH 3, 2007 (STAR) Filipino mobile phone users can now protect their devices with the BitDefender Mobile Security, an antivirus protection solution for today’s mobile phones.
More than 22 million Filipinos own a cellular phone. As the popularity, functionality, and Internet-connectivity of smartphones and PDAs continue to rise, the threat of viruses infiltrating these handheld devices and their connected enterprises increase as well.
Much like viruses on a computer, viruses on mobile devices can infect and delete files, send private information from the mobile device, facilitate external attacks and/or drain the battery.
The BitDefender Mobile Security provides permanent antivirus protection for mobile devices running Symbian 60 and Symbian 80, as well as Microsoft Windows Mobile Pocket PC version 2002 and higher, and Windows Mobile Smartphone versions 2002 and higher.
The features of the BitDefender Mobile Security include:
• Real-time resident antivirus protection. The virus shield runs at startup and continuously monitors the device, preventing the execution of infected files.
• On-demand virus scan. Using BitDefender technologies, BitDefender Mobile Security can check the internal memory, memory card or the entire device, removing malicious files.
• Fast, flexible updates. Updates are available by GPRS from the service provider or from an Internet-connected PC, enabling a rapid response to virus outbreaks.
• Low resource consumption. Engineered for mobility, BitDefender Mobile Security uses optimized scanning processes to save power.
• Easy to install and use. Install directly to the mobile device, via a mobile Internet connection or via the PC application with a simple interface, and no user intervention is required while the product is running.
"BitDefender Mobile Security offers mobile users a direct and effortless installation, and enables a virus shield startup with no user intervention required," said Carmen Maierean, BitDefender mobile product manager.
Patricia Celis, vice president of Philippine distributor IPSYSTEMS Inc., said, "The BitDefender Mobile Security is the perfect security solution for the fast-paced lifestyle of the Filipino today. Its ability to consume minimum resources on the mobile device allows for an ‘install-and-forget’ antivirus protection experience."
A 30-day evaluation version of the BitDefender Mobile Security is available for download at the BitDefender corporate website. For additional information, visit http://www.bitdefender.com, or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Chief News Editor: Sol Jose Vanzi
© Copyright, 2007
by PHILIPPINE HEADLINE NEWS ONLINE
All rights reserved
PHILIPPINE HEADLINE NEWS ONLINE [PHNO] WEBSITE