© Copyright, 2015 (PHNO)
 http://newsflash.org

SHOWBIZ NEWS THIS PAST WEEK
(Mini Reads followed by Full Reports below)

2 RECORDS: MANALO 'HISTORICAL EPIC' MAKES IT TO GUINNESS


Dennis Trillo with co-stars including Bela Padilla, Gladys Reyes, Gabby Concepcion, Yul Servo, Mike Magat, Ruru Madrid, Jaime Pebangco, Noel Colet and Carla Humphries — Photos by Ver Paulino The INC-produced three-hour “historical epic” Felix Manalo has made it to the Guinness Book Of World Records when it held a world premiere last Sunday, Oct. 4, at the also-INC-owned Philippine Arena in Bocaue, Bulacan.
The two records were for “Largest Attendance for a Film Screening” and for “Largest Attendance For a Film Premiere.” By headcount, 43,624 filled up the 55,000-seater arena built by Iglesia Ni Cristo (INC). The arena also boasts of perhaps the widest and tallest screen, estimated to be five-storey high (40x22 meters). Directed by Joel Lamangan and produced by Viva Films (opening today in 300 theaters nationwide), Felix Manalo stars Dennis Trillo in the titular role as the founder of the INC with Bela Padilla as Manalo’s wife Honorata. More than 50 stars are featured, some of them with no speaking lines at all. It took a while for the audience to warm up to what was unfolding on the giant screen (they could have been overwhelmed by the size). “I was nervous,” Dennis was quoted as saying. “I was able to breathe easily only when the audience started reacting to scene after scene. I was stunned by the attendance. Para akong nananaginip.”  READ MORE...

ALSO: Gabby Concepcion now a Kapuso


Gabby Concepcion now a Kapuso Gabby Concepcion is now a Kapuso.
The actor has inked a contract with GMA-7 on Monda., GMA-7 executives and Gabby's manager Popoy Caritativo attended the contract signing. In an interview with Nelson Canlas aired in GMA-7's news program “24 Oras” on Monday, Gabby said he’s set to do a project with Carla Abellana, the daughter of his good friend PJ Abellana. “Parang mayro’n kaming familiarity kaya masaya, maganda,” he said. “Masaya siyang kasama, she’s very professional. Okay kami.” The two first worked together in the film “Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow” in 2011. Gabby said he’s also open to guest in “CelebriTV,” the show of his former manager Lolit Solis whom he had a rift with in 1994. Their rift was settled in 2006 after their coincidental meeting in U.S. Gabby previously did the the primetime fantasy series “Dyesebel" with ABS-CBN in 2014. - Joyce Jimenez THIS IS THE FULL REPORT...

ALSO: Is Kris Aquino a factor in Herbert Bautista’s political plans?


Herbert Bautista said that Kris Aquino wanted him to run for re-election as Quezon City mayor, but said she would still support him if he decides to run for senate. Philstar.com/Efigenio Toledo IV, file 
Herbert Bautista admitted that he has talked to Kris Aquino about his political plans.
“We’ve talked about it, at least briefly talked about it,” he replied when asked by Karen Davila on Friday’s episode of “Headstart.” if he has considered Kris’s opinion in deciding whether to run for Senate or to seek re-election as mayor. “She also wants me to run for re-election,” he added. “But she told me na if I decide to run for the Senate she’ll also help me. So I’m very thankful for that.” In the same interview, he confirmed that he will bid for another term as Quezon City mayor. As for the 2015 Metro Manila Film Festival entry “All You Need is Pag-ibig,” Bautista was mum on whether he is still part of the film. READ MORE...

ALSO: ‘I’m a jerk!' says Kris after she begged off from movie with Herbert


“I’m a jerk. I’m sorry.” 
This was what actress Kris Aquino posted on her Instagram on Wednesday, confirming reports that she begged off from her upcoming movie with Mayor Herbert Bautista. The movie, entitled “All You Need is Pag-ibig”, is supposed to be one of the official entries at this year’s Metro Manila Film Festival.  On the post, Aquino tagged Star Cinema’s managing director Malou Santos, the movie’s creative writer Kriz Gazmen and director Antoinette Jadaone. Aquino further expressed her apologetic message: “I’m sorry for the stress I put you through, the many wasted hours working on the project, and all the effort you exerted. I was wrong to commit to something that in all honesty, I am emotionally, physically [and] mentally not ready for.” Not mentioning which specific movie, the “Queen of all Media” earlier announced on a separate Instagram post that she is backing out of a project because of some conflict in schedule with the cinematographer she wants to work with. “This is about a film, and just 1 request on my end after endless compromising to honor my commitment… But [with] a storyline that would lay bare all my insecurities—the treatment given to me had the harsh but realistic words: ‘Sya si Kris- ang babaeng laging di pinipili,’” she said. READ MORE...


ALSO: Why Kris Aquino backed out of MMFF entry


Kris Aquino backs out of the 2015 Metro Manila Film Festival entry “All You Need is Pag-ibig” after “scheduling conflicts” with the cinematographer she requested. Philstar.com/Joyce Jimenez
Kris Aquino is out of the 20115 Metro Manila Film Festival entry “All You Need is Pag-ibig.” The Queen of All Media has announced this through her Instagram account on Wednesday. Kris said that she has accepted the project and was a “good sport” despite “a storyline that would lay bare all my insecurities- the treatment given to me had the harsh but realistic words: ‘Sya si Kris- ang babaeng laging di pinipili...’” However, Kris added that when the cinematographer she requested couldn’t commit to the film due to “schedule conflicts,” she decided to back out of the film. “His job was to hold a mirror to my heart & soul for you to see in our movie, and I knew I'd be in good hands... And it just couldn't fall into place...” she  explained. “After all my track record of professionalism can't be questioned,” she added. Kris also said that her decision is a way of putting herself first, saying she has “earned” the right to say no. “I'm doing what is best for me,” she said. “Simpleng alaga lang sana sa isang project w/ a pressure packed timeline... It just didn't fall into place. And I know enough to prioritize taking care of me... That's why I choose to walk away. And put myself first, not because I want to be difficult, but simply because I've earned the privilege to say NO w/ courage & dignity.” READ MORE...


READ FULL MEDIA REPORTS HERE:

Manalo makes it to Guinness


Dennis Trillo with co-stars including Bela Padilla, Gladys Reyes, Gabby Concepcion, Yul Servo, Mike Magat, Ruru Madrid, Jaime Pebangco, Noel Colet and Carla Humphries — Photos by Ver Paulino

MANILA, OCTOBER 12, 2015 (PHILSTAR) FUNFARE By Ricky Lo  Updated October 7, 2015 - The INC-produced three-hour “historical epic” Felix Manalo has made it to the Guinness Book Of World Records when it held a world premiere last Sunday, Oct. 4, at the also-INC-owned Philippine Arena in Bocaue, Bulacan.

The two records were for “Largest Attendance for a Film Screening” and for “Largest Attendance For a Film Premiere.” By headcount, 43,624 filled up the 55,000-seater arena built by Iglesia Ni Cristo (INC). The arena also boasts of perhaps the widest and tallest screen, estimated to be five-storey high (40x22 meters).


Director Joel Lamangan (second from right) with Felix Manalo stars Dennis Trillo (second from left) and Bela Padilla, and representatives from INC

Directed by Joel Lamangan and produced by Viva Films (opening today in 300 theaters nationwide), Felix Manalo stars Dennis Trillo in the titular role as the founder of the INC with Bela Padilla as Manalo’s wife Honorata. More than 50 stars are featured, some of them with no speaking lines at all.

It took a while for the audience to warm up to what was unfolding on the giant screen (they could have been overwhelmed by the size).

“I was nervous,” Dennis was quoted as saying. “I was able to breathe easily only when the audience started reacting to scene after scene. I was stunned by the attendance. Para akong nananaginip.”

READ MORE...


Guinness World Records UK adjudicator Marco Frigatti presents two new world records certificates to INC Auditor Glicerio Santos, Jr., actor Dennis Trillo, actress Bela Padilla and Viva Films president and CEO Vic del Rosario, Jr. (Photo by John Bradley)

Viva Boss Vic del Rosario Jr. (left) and Viva Communications Inc. president/COO Vincent del Rosario

Although the fourth choice (after Bong Revilla, Aga Muhlach and Albert Martinez), Dennis turned out to be the perfect choice for the role that required him to memorize verbatim passages from The Bible. The announcement was made on the same night by Guinness Book Of World Records UK adjudicators Marco Frigatti and Victoria Tweedey. The plaques were received by Viva executives Vic del Rosario and his son Vincent.

Manalo beat the previous records held by The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, which had a crowd of 10,000 when it premiered at the 02 Arena in London in June 2008 and Honor Flight, which had 28,442 attendees in August 2012.

Besides Dennis, Bella and Joel, present at the premiere were the evening’s hosts Richard Gutierrez and Isabelle Daza, INC representatives led by spokesperson Edwil Zabala. Basil Valdez and Nadine Lustre performed during the premiere.


Dennis Trillo stars in a biopic of Iglesia ni Cristo founder Felix Manalo. He is joined by Bela Padilla (right) in movie "Felix Manalo," which opens in theaters October 7. STAR/File

Frigatti and Tweedey made another startling announcement when they said that the Arena screen is a candidate for the world’s largest indoor screen for a film premiere/screening.

Pop Princess Sarah Geronimo recorded the movie theme for the music video, Sugo ng Diyos sa mga Huling Araw, arranged by seasoned musical director-composer Louie Ocampo.


PHILSTAR

Gabby Concepcion now a Kapuso! (philstar.com) | Updated October 6, 2015 - 11:20am 1 64 googleplus0 0


Gabby Concepcion now a Kapuso

MANILA, Philippines – Gabby Concepcion is now a Kapuso.

The actor has inked a contract with GMA-7 on Monda., GMA-7 executives and Gabby's manager Popoy Caritativo attended the contract signing.

Entertainment ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1

In an interview with Nelson Canlas aired in GMA-7's news program “24 Oras” on Monday, Gabby said he’s set to do a project with Carla Abellana, the daughter of his good friend PJ Abellana.

“Parang mayro’n kaming familiarity kaya masaya, maganda,” he said. “Masaya siyang kasama, she’s very professional. Okay kami.”

The two first worked together in the film “Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow” in 2011.

Gabby said he’s also open to guest in “CelebriTV,” the show of his former manager Lolit Solis whom he had a rift with in 1994. Their rift was settled in 2006 after their coincidental meeting in U.S.

Gabby previously did the the primetime fantasy series “Dyesebel" with ABS-CBN in 2014. - Joyce Jimenez


PHILSTAR

Is Kris Aquino a factor in Herbert Bautista’s political plans? (philstar.com) | Updated October 9, 2015 - 6:21pm 3 1 googleplus0 0


Herbert Bautista said that Kris Aquino wanted him to run for re-election as Quezon City mayor, but said she would still support him if he decides to run for senate. Philstar.com/Efigenio Toledo IV, file

MANILA, Philippines – Herbert Bautista admitted that he has talked to Kris Aquino about his political plans.

“We’ve talked about it, at least briefly talked about it,” he replied when asked by Karen Davila on Friday’s episode of “Headstart.” if he has considered Kris’s opinion in deciding whether to run for Senate or to seek re-election as mayor.

“She also wants me to run for re-election,” he added. “But she told me na if I decide to run for the Senate she’ll also help me. So I’m very thankful for that.”

In the same interview, he confirmed that he will bid for another term as Quezon City mayor.

As for the 2015 Metro Manila Film Festival entry “All You Need is Pag-ibig,” Bautista was mum on whether he is still part of the film.

READ MORE...

“I think Star Cinema and Kris are working on something,” he said. “Ako naman I’m ready if they feel that I should be part of the movie, I’m ready. If they think I shouldn’t be part of the movie, okay lang sa akin. At least I was given that preference and I’m already thankful for that.”

On Wednesday, Kris posted on her Instagram account that she has backed out of the MMFF entry after the cinematographer she has requested could not commit to the project.

READ: Why Kris Aquino backed out of MMFF entry

She also denied that her decision was because she was threatened by the entry “Pabebe Love” which stars Vic Sotto, Ai Ai delas Alas, and the “kalye-serye” love team Alden Richards and Maine “Yaya Dub” Mendoza. – Joyce Jimenez


INQUIRER

‘I’m a jerk!' says Kris after she begged off from movie with Herbert By: Arvin Mendoza @AMendozaINQ INQUIRER.net 12:08 AM October 9th, 2015


“I’m a jerk. I’m sorry.”

This was what actress Kris Aquino posted on her Instagram on Wednesday, confirming reports that she begged off from her upcoming movie with Mayor Herbert Bautista.

The movie, entitled “All You Need is Pag-ibig”, is supposed to be one of the official entries at this year’s Metro Manila Film Festival.

On the post, Aquino tagged Star Cinema’s managing director Malou Santos, the movie’s creative writer Kriz Gazmen and director Antoinette Jadaone.

Aquino further expressed her apologetic message: “I’m sorry for the stress I put you through, the many wasted hours working on the project, and all the effort you exerted. I was wrong to commit to something that in all honesty, I am emotionally, physically [and] mentally not ready for.”

Not mentioning which specific movie, the “Queen of all Media” earlier announced on a separate Instagram post that she is backing out of a project because of some conflict in schedule with the cinematographer she wants to work with.

“This is about a film, and just 1 request on my end after endless compromising to honor my commitment… But [with] a storyline that would lay bare all my insecurities—the treatment given to me had the harsh but realistic words: ‘Sya si Kris- ang babaeng laging di pinipili,’” she said.

READ MORE...

“And yet, I was a good sport and said GO, let’s do it. But tonight I got word that the only person I asked for, my cinematographer just couldn’t do the project because of scheduling conflicts—I said NO. His job was to hold a mirror to my heart [and] soul for you to see in our movie, and I knew I’d be in good hands,” she explained.

Aquino was referring to Neil Daza, the cinematographer of her latest movie “Etiquette for Mistresses” which has been warmly welcomed by moviegoers.
For Aquino, Daza did a great job in bringing the best out of her in “Etiquette for Mistresses.”

Aquino said she knows how to prioritize taking care of herself. “Simpleng alaga lang sana sa isang project [with] a pressure packed timeline. It just didn’t fall into place.”

“That’s why I choose to walk away. And put myself first, not because I want to be difficult, but simply because I’ve earned the privilege to say NO [with] courage [and] dignity,” she concluded. TVJ


PHILSTAR

Why Kris Aquino backed out of MMFF entry By Joyce Jimenez (philstar.com) | Updated October 8, 2015 - 11:30am 16 761 googleplus1 0


Kris Aquino backs out of the 2015 Metro Manila Film Festival entry “All You Need is Pag-ibig” after “scheduling conflicts” with the cinematographer she requested. Philstar.com/Joyce Jimenez

MANILA, Philippines – Kris Aquino is out of the 20115 Metro Manila Film Festival entry “All You Need is Pag-ibig.”

The Queen of All Media has announced this through her Instagram account on Wednesday.

Kris said that she has accepted the project and was a “good sport” despite “a storyline that would lay bare all my insecurities- the treatment given to me had the harsh but realistic words: ‘Sya si Kris- ang babaeng laging di pinipili...’”

However, Kris added that when the cinematographer she requested couldn’t commit to the film due to “schedule conflicts,” she decided to back out of the film.

“His job was to hold a mirror to my heart & soul for you to see in our movie, and I knew I'd be in good hands... And it just couldn't fall into place...” she explained.

“After all my track record of professionalism can't be questioned,” she added.

Kris also said that her decision is a way of putting herself first, saying she has “earned” the right to say no.

“I'm doing what is best for me,” she said. “Simpleng alaga lang sana sa isang project w/ a pressure packed timeline... It just didn't fall into place. And I know enough to prioritize taking care of me... That's why I choose to walk away. And put myself first, not because I want to be difficult, but simply because I've earned the privilege to say NO w/ courage & dignity.”


Chief News Editor: Sol Jose Vanzi

© Copyright, 2014 by PHILIPPINE HEADLINE NEWS ONLINE
All rights reserved


PHILIPPINE HEADLINE NEWS ONLINE [PHNO] WEBSITE