RUFA MAE IS NEW 'WIL TIME BIG TIME' CO-HOST
MANILA, MAY 11, 2012 (PHILSTAR) It’s official: Rufa Mae Quinto (left) will be a permanent co-host of Willie Revillame (right) on the TV5 early-evening gameshow Wil Time Bigtime starting on Monday, May 14.
‘She’s perfect for the show,’ Willie told Funfare Update. ‘She will blend with us very well.’
Rufa Mae’s ‘unique’ wit and humor will blend beautifully with the reserved charm of Camille Villar and the ‘sweet-sexy’ style of Mariel Rodriguez.
After her contract with GMA has expired and was not renewed, Rufa Mae resigned as co-host of the network’s Sunday show Showbiz Central and guested as co-host of Wil Time.
‘That’s when I saw na bagay siya sa show,’ added Willie.
Could it be true that Rufa Mae politely turned down an offer from ABS-CBN to co-host a noontime show (Showtime or a rumored new one?) in favor of the TV5 contract?
Incidentally, Willie is set to leave for the TV5 promo-launch shows in Los Angeles on May 26 and in San Francisco on June 2. He’s bringing along 48 dancers whom he’s treating to a shopping spree as bonus.
FROM THE BULLETIN
MANILA, Philippines — The Court of Appeals has denied a motion to reconsider its 2011 decision that dismissed the P127-million copyright infringement case filed by ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corp. against television host Willie Revillame and TV 5.
In a resolution written by Associate Justice Japar Dimaampao, the CA said that ABS-CBN “failed to raise valid justification to warrant a modification or reversal of the pronouncements made in the assailed decision.” With its ruling, the CA made permanent the writ of preliminary injunction it had earlier issued that banned the proceedings before the Makati City regional trial court (RTC) in connection with the case. (Rey G. Panaligan)
IT'S FINAL: WILLIE REVILLAME WINS! Now it can be said with finality: Willie Revillame has won the fight.
The Movie and Television Review and Classification Board (MTRCB) DID NOT CANCEL his “Willing Willie” as his detractors had desperately wanted.
The MTRCB ONLY SUSPENDED the show for a month, retroactive at that to April 11 instead of a fresh new month.
This means the MTRCB did not find any solid ground, legal or otherwise, to pull “Willing Willie” off the air permanently, despite the FULL-SCALE assault by Revillame’s detractors in media and in the Internet to demonize him.
The suspension validated Willie’s consistent stand that the show had not done anything grievously wrong to warrant his sudden and permanent exit from the television industry.
Once TV 5 starts airing “Willing Willie” again, it will be the SWEETEST TRUIMPH and RETURN that Revillame will ever have.
He and TV 5 were up against OVERWHELMING forces, people who wanted him out of television for good. But the powers that be will let him stay, and kep his show.
His legions of fans remain loyal. So one can just imagine the yearning they have been having for him, and the excitement that will overcome the once he returns with the show.
A hundred to one, Willie’s fans will be more loyal than ever to him.
They will gladly be the volunteer defenders and endorsers of “Willing Willie,” especially to the skeptics or neutrals who have never been fans of the show.
In other words, everything that has transpired will only make Willie more popular than ever.
Everybody’s free to keep on evaluating the show and to continue criticizing f they have to. In fact, it would be a good thing to do to help uplift the quality of television programs.
Chief News Editor: Sol Jose Vanzi
© Copyright, 2012 by PHILIPPINE HEADLINE NEWS ONLINE
All rights reserved
PHILIPPINE HEADLINE NEWS ONLINE [PHNO] WEBSITE