'CONGRESSMAN' AGA & THE 10 THINGS HE HAS TO LEARN
MANILA, APRIL 14, 2012 (PHILSTAR) FUNFARE By Ricardo F. Lo - Congressman Aga Muhlach.
Sounds good, doesn’t it?
But before one of the country’s finest actors (or anybody for that matter) can hope to clinch that title (oftentimes with “Honorable” attached to it), he should first go through the grind, a hard one.
After this corner’s “breaking news” about Aga’s plan to run in the 2013 election for Congressman in Camarines Sur (where he and his wife Charlene Gonzalez have already registered as voters) several issues ago, there has been all sorts of reactions, both pros and cons, but it’s up to Aga and not for us to make the final decision.
Meanwhile, here are 10 lessons (unsolicited, really) that “Cong” Aga has to learn before he takes that (fatal?) plunge into the murky political water:
1. He should learn how to wake up early (that is, dapat aga gising);
2. He should learn how to be on time (on the dot) for meetings/appointments;
3.He should be ready to keep his doors open 24/7;
4. He should be ready to have his private life dug up and dissected;
5. He should learn how to connect to the 'masa';
6. He should be ready for intrigues worse than those in showbiz;
7. He should learn how to argue without losing his cool;
8. He should be ready to spend more time out of home than inside it;
9. He should set aside a personal budget (from his own pocket) of not less than P100M (a conservative estimate from an actor who ran and lost in an election); and
10. Walk, don’t run (remember that traffic sign for pedestrians in other countries?).
P.S. Could it be true that a Liberal Party stalwart is dangling an invitation for Aga to run for Senator, also in 2013?
Ivan tries theater
[PHOTO -Is this part of Ivan Dorschner’s ‘facial exercises’ in the Gantimpala summer acting workshop?]
Former Pinoy Big Brother (PBB) housemate Ivan Dorschner has joined the 35th Gantimpala Theater Summer Workshop (Musical Theater for Teen and Young Adults), headed by Tony Espejo and with Roeder Camañag as facilitator.
His first foray into the theater is as Prince Oswald in Si Snow White at ang Pitong Dwarfs, in the Gantimpala’s last season’s tour.
“It was enjoyable,” said Ivan whose latest claim to fame is having been singled out from the audience and kissed by Katy Perry onstage during her recent concert here.
Ivan and the other work-shoppers are taught creative drama, music, voice and dance exercises, and script-writing.
A culminating recital commences on May 18 (Friday) at the Open-Air Auditorium in Rizal Park.
(Note: Late enrollees are welcome until Monday, April 16. Call 528-0603 or 536-5860, or SMS to 0921-5286308.)
Chief News Editor: Sol Jose Vanzi
© Copyright, 2012 by PHILIPPINE HEADLINE NEWS ONLINE
All rights reserved
PHILIPPINE HEADLINE NEWS ONLINE [PHNO] WEBSITE