MANNY COMMENTS ON JINKEE'S MAG COVER / ARUM: 2013 FOR GOVERNOR, END OF HIS BOXING
 

[PHOTO - The supposedly ‘without’ and ‘with Photoshop’ versions of Jinkee’s photo circulating online (Photos as seen on http://armandfrasco.tumblr.com)]

MANILA, JANUARY 6, 2012 (BULLETIN) By ROWENA JOY A.SANCHEZ - Jinkee Pacquiao apparently remains the most beautiful woman to her husband, Manny, despite the mixed reactions of the public over her controversial magazine cover which many deemed was "photoshopped."

“Wow!” exclaimed Manny when sought for comment over his better half’s photo, which appeared on MEGA magazine’s latest issue.

“Maganda naman ‘yung asawa ko. Lalong gumaganda kasi wala na siyang inaalala,” he told “TV Patrol” on Jan. 4. (My wife is really beautiful. She gets more and more beautiful because she has nothing to worry about.)

The photo was an instant hot topic online—and even got into a "cover wars" of sorts with that of Charice for Preview magazine—and easily shot into one of the top Twitter trending topics on Monday. A post showing a “without” and “with Photoshop” versions of Jinkee’s photo also made rounds online, the former seemingly grabbed from the behind-the-scenes shoot.

One netizen, @charmaene, tweeted, "Everybody’s talking about Jinkee Pacquiao’s photo on the cover of MEGA magazine. The half-human, half-science was half-recognizable."

The publication has already maintained that Jinkee’s photo “went through the standard cleanup process that all MEGA magazine covers go through,” as quoted by ABS-CBN News.

Mrs. Pacquiao herself later on admitted to ABS-CBN that her photo had modifications even as she emphasized that she eagerly prepared for the pictorial, going on a diet to look slimmer, and apparently, sexier.

“Makikita naman nila siguro sa akin na pumayat talaga ako. HIndi ko nga alam kung nag-gain ako ng weight ngayon kasi Christmas and New Year, so kain lang…” said Jinkee.

She lauded the final output and praised the staff whom she described as “magaling.”

To those who remain unimpressed, Jinkee has this to say: "...tignan na lang nila ako in person."

"Hindi ko na kailangan mag-explain pa. Basta 'yun na 'yung resulta ng aming pictorial. Maganda naman siya at happy naman ako nung nakita ko ['yung cover]," she added.

Public service matters

[PHOTO - REP. PACQUIAO PLEDGES P1M FOR TYPHOON SENDONG VICTIMS :: CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY (December 29, 2011) – Sarangani Rep. Manny Pacquiao and Ilocos Sur Governor Chavit Singson donate P250,000 to the victims of typhoon “Sendong”. The Sarangani congressman also pledged P1M from his Priority Development Assistance Fund. (Congressional District Office/SARANGANI INFORMATION OFFICE)]

In other news, Manny will extend his big helping hand anew, this time to Tango Elementary School in Glan, Sarangani. According to Bomboradyo, the boxer-congressman will donate two computers with printer to the said school; this, after seeing that the principal lack the said equipment.

Manny’s public information officer (PIO) Rose Tamayo told Bomboradyo that the equipment will be turned over to Sarangani board member Eugene Alzate.

Aside from the computers, the superstar pugilist will also donate a water pump for the school and a bonus for its 17 teachers.

His public service efforts for typhoon victims in Sarangani also continues. Manny recently bought two hectares of land which will benefit 180 families affected by the calamity last year. He also bought another 1.5 hectares of land which will serve as relocation site, stated another Bomboradyo report.

Pacman purchased these pieces of lands using his own money, his PIO told Bomboradyo.

EARLIER NEWS REPORTS:

Manny Pacquiao ponders future outside, eyes Palace run Agence France-Presse 3:13 am | Friday, November 11th, 2011 PHILIPPINE DAILY INQUIRER

[PHOTO - SARANGANI REP. PACQUIAO HELPS TYPHOON SENDONG VICTIMS: CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY (December 29, 2011) – Sarangani Rep. Manny Pacquiao and wife Jinkee hand over relief goods to victims of typhoon "Sendong" in Cagayan de Oro City recently as they urged others to donate goods to the typhoon victims. (Congressional District Office/SARANGANI INFORMATION OFFICE)

Manny Pacquiao is looking at life beyond boxing, pondering the day when his fights in the ring are done and his political battles intensify.

The 32-year-old southpaw defends his WBO welterweight title on Saturday (Sunday in Manila) against Mexico’s Juan Manuel Marquez, completing the 17th year of a pro boxing career that launched his rise into an Asian sport icon.

“I’m starting to think of my future life outside boxing,” Pacquiao said. “(I will fight) a couple more years. I’m still going to fight. I have a number in mind (when I will retire) but I won’t tell you.”

Multitasker

This will be Pacquiao’s second fight since being elected a congressman, a juggling act that has not hindered his careers in boxing, lawmaking or as a singer.

Bob Arum, Pacquiao’s promoter, raised the notion this week that Pacquiao would run for provincial governor in 2013, then for a Senate seat in 2016 and look at a presidential bid in 2022.

“His term is up in 2013, when he will run for governor of Sarangani province and probably win,” Arum said. “That’s the end of boxing … as a governor you’ve got to run the whole province. So that’s what he’s going to concentrate on.”

Freddie Roach, Pacquiao’s trainer, says that as far as boxing talent and work ethic are concerned, Pacquiao can fight long beyond 2013.

“Boxing is very addictive,” Roach said.

If the long-sought fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr. remains out of reach, undefeated US world junior welterweight champion Timothy Bradley is a likely next foe for Pacquiao if the American wins on Saturday’s undercard.

FROM BOXING EXAMINER ONLINE

Larry Merchant says Bob Arum was right about Floyd Mayweather Jr. all along Chris Robinson , Las Vegas Boxing Examiner December 22, 2011

The biggest news in the world of boxing on Wednesday was the sentencing of Floyd Mayweather Jr. to 90 days in jail in relation to his role in a September 2010 domestic violence case involving two of his children and their mother, Josie Harris.

Mayweather had been eyeing a May 5th return to the ring at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada but since he is scheduled to hit jail on January 6th, that means he won’t be released until early April, certainly pushing back his ring return.

There had been hopes by many that Mayweather would finally meet up with Manny Pacquiao in a long-desired fantasy matchup but once again we will be left waiting.

Pacquiao himself lost a touch of luster on his career last month when he was pushed to the limit by longtime nemesis Juan Manuel Marquez for the third time.

Pacquiao would pull out a majority-decision verdict on the night of November 12th but the consensus at the time seemed to be that Marquez, with his precise counter-punching and dictation of the ring, had done enough to steal the verdict.

Mayweather vs Pacquiao: Latest News and Updates

MAYWEATHER’S JAIL CELL COULD RESEMBLE THIS

Published on: 27th December, 2011 by Lem Satterfield - Yahoo!Sports has obtained a photo of what the jail cell of Floyd Mayweather Jr. could look like.

Mayweather, who turns 35 in February, was sentenced to 90 days in jail starting on January 6 as a result of Wednesday’s guilty plea to a charge of misdemeanor battery domestic violence and no contest on two counts of harassment.

The Las Vegas Police Department released a photo of a room that may resemble that which Mayweather will be housed in once he reports to the Clark County Detention Center.

After scoring the fourth-round knockout of Victor Ortiz in September that earned him the WBC’s welterweight title belt, Mayweather (42-0, 26 knockouts), the RING No. 2-ranked pound-for-pound fighter, had targeted a May 5 return to the ring at the MGM Grand against an opponent to be determined, potentially RING No. 1-rated pound-for-pound WBO welterweight beltholder Manny Pacquiao.

But given the extent of Mayweather’s sentence, there is a significant question as to whether or not Maywhether will even be licensed by the Nevada State Athletic Commision’s five-member committee, let alone, if he will even have time enough to begin training for a fight on that date.

Boxer 'Pretty Boy Floyd' (left) sentenced to 90 days in jail for 'punching ex-girlfriend he accused of cheating'By Associated Press. Hard time: The 34-year-old was also ordered to complete 100 hours of community service and pay a $2,500 fine.

According to an arrest report, Mayweather had threatened Ms Harris, saying: 'I'm going to kill you and the man you are messing around with.'

‘Punishment is appropriate,’ Justice of the Peace Melissa Saragosa said after a prosecutor complained that Mayweather has been in trouble before and hasn't faced serious consequences. ‘No matter who you are, you have consequences to your actions when they escalate to this level of violence,’ she said.

Mayweather stood still in a striped olive vest and showed no reaction as the judge sentenced him to six months in the Clark County jail then suspended half the term.


Chief News Editor: Sol Jose Vanzi

© Copyright, 2012 by PHILIPPINE HEADLINE NEWS ONLINE
All rights reserved


PHILIPPINE HEADLINE NEWS ONLINE [PHNO] WEBSITE