ECHO SINGS FOR SENDONG VICTIMS
[PHOTO - Jericho Rosales (in black) with The STAR Entertainment staff (from left) Ver Paulino, Jerry Donato, Ricky Lo, Nathalie Tomada, Emerson Salvador, Bot Glorioso and Honey Orio-Escullar. — PHOTO BY VER PAULINO]
MANILA, DECEMBER 23, 2011 (STAR) FUNFARE UPDATE By Ricardo F. Lo - Originally planned as a concert to mark his 15th anniversary in showbiz, Kinse has evolved, because of recent tragic incidents, into a fund-raising event for the victims of Typhoon Sendong.
“I really feel for the victims,” said Jericho “Echo” Rosales when he dropped by the STAR Entertainment Section office Tuesday night to greet the staff before he proceeded to the Sofitel Philippine Plaza for the paper’s annual Christmas party (a subdued celebration where STAR big boss Miguel Belmonte led a few minutes of silence for the typhoon victims). “I want to give whatever I can by offering my concert to the victims.”
Kinse (Labing-Limang Taon ni Jericho Rosales) will be held tonight (starting at 7 o’clock) at the Riverbanks Amphitheater, Marikina City. Checks and product donations will be accepted by the Shining Light Foundation and Operation Blessing Foundation at the venue. Or you can text Jericho’s manager Angeli Pangilinan at +639178657188 for any amount or commitment. You may also call or text Christine Lopez at +639175153738 or e-mail at email@example.com.
“I can’t believe I have been in this business for 15 years,” said Echo. “It has given me everything and I’m eternally thankful for that.”
Congrats, Kris and Dingdong
Text from Kris Aquino (photo):
Please allow me to share my joy. Segunda Mano, our Metro Filmfest entry, was graded A by the Cinema Evaluation Board (CEB). Special mention was given to the performances by Dingdong (Dantes) and me.
Thank you, God. On our way now to DSWD children’s outreach with P-Noy. By the way, thank you to The STAR for its donation in Tarlac to AGAPP.
Dalaw, Kris’ entry in last year’s Metro Filmfest, was a money-maker. It was a low-budget horror-suspense like Segunda Mano which is tagged as this year’s filmfest’s dark horse.
Big break for Owie Gapuz
Child star Owie Boy Gapuz (photo) gets his biggest break in the movies as one of the grandchildren of Ai-Ai de las Alas in her Metro Filmfest entry with Vic Sotto, Enteng ng Ina Mo, which Vic’s company M-Zet Productions co-produced with Star Cinema, Tony Tuviera’s AGT Productions and Orly Ilacad’s OctoArts Films.
Owie’s manager Nap Gutierrez said that direk Tony Reyes was all praise for the boy’s impressive performance.
“Owie plays the same role he played in Tanging Ina Mo, ‘Last Na’to in last year’s filmfest,” said Nap. “He’s looking forward to riding the Enteng float in the Parade of Stars on Saturday, Dec. 24.”
Chief News Editor: Sol Jose Vanzi
© Copyright, 2011 by PHILIPPINE
HEADLINE NEWS ONLINE
All rights reserved
PHILIPPINE HEADLINE NEWS ONLINE [PHNO] WEBSITE