PACQUIAO INVITES PRINCE OF BRUNEI TO HIS B'DAY PARTY

[PHOTO - ‘Manny Pacquiao Shining at 33’ is the theme of the boxing champ’s party on Dec. 17 (Photo from Julie Jacobson/AP)]

MANILA, DECEMBER 12, 2011 (BULLETIN)By ROWENA JOY A. SANCHEZ - Boxer-congressman Manny Pacquiao’s birthday celebration on Dec. 17 will apparently be another star-studded affair as numerous luminaries were invited to grace the occasion.

The party might just have a royal touch as the Pacquiao Group of Companies has sent an invitation to the Prince of Brunei, reported Bomboradyo on Dec. 15. It wasn’t stated, though if, the Prince has already confirmed his attendance.

Also expected to grace Pacquiao’s Hollywood-inspired party are his long-time coach, Freddie Roach, and Top Rank big boss Bob Arum.

According to Emma Sequena, general manager of the Pacquiao Group of Companies, the celebration will be held at the KCC Convention Center in the Sarangani congressman’s hometown, General Santos City, at around 7 p.m. Bomboradyo likewise stated that an event coordinator from Cebu will oversee his birthday bash, which carries the theme, “Manny Pacquiao Shining at 33.”

Actor-comedians Bayani Agbayani, Paolo Contis, Long Mejia, and Giselle Sanchez will serve as hosts, added Bomboradyo.

Controversies keep coming

The mood surrounding Pacquiao may be festive these days, but it seems rumors about him still won’t cease. On Dec. 14, a certain Joanna Rose Bacosa resurfaced after years of silence, appealing to Pacquiao to recognize the seven-year-old boy she claimed is his son.

She told TV5’s “Aksyon Balita” on Wednesday night, “Gusto ko pong masabi sa anak ko na pagdating po ng panahon, makita rin ng anak ko na ipinaglaban din siya ng mommy niya para kilalanin po ng ama niya na si Manny Pacquiao."

“Aksyon Balita” also showed some documents from Bacosa, such as the Baptismal Certificate, on which it is written that the father of her son is “Emmanuel Pacquiao" whose occupation is “professional boxer.”

Bacosa also showed a photo of her, Pacquiao, and their supposed son together.

She recalled to “Aksyon Balita” that she first crossed paths with Pacquiao in 2003 at the Pan Pacific Hotel where she used to work.

“Regular customer po namin siyang pumupunta doon. Doon po nag-umpisa lahat…” she added.

A 2006 report by GMA News Online stated that Bacosa worked as a waitress and a “spotter” for billiard players at the said hotel. Their supposed union allegedly produced a lovechild. However, after she gave birth to their son on Jan. 2, 2004, Pacquiao purportedly stopped giving her support.

Pacquiao supposedly initiated meeting her and their son in Cebu in 2005. After that, she allegedly had no communication with him until he called her on Jan. 15, 2006, after he learned that she went public. Bacosa even went on to accuse Pacquiao of threatening her that he would have their supposed son “kidnapped.”

Bacosa filed a complaint against Pacquiao in the same year for purportedly failing to provide financial support for their supposed child. The Quezon City Prosecutor’s Office, however, junked her charge due to “lack of evidence,” the same report said.

In Bacosa’s interview with “Aksyon Balita,” she alleged that the boxing superstar gave her P500,000 in 2006, which supposedly came with a catch.

“Meron pong pinapirmahan sa akin si Atty. Jeng Gacal (Pacquiao’s legal counsel). Parang nakasulat po doon sa papel na, 'Ako po si Joanna Rose Bacosa, ay tumanggap ng P500,000 at pumapayag sa P10,000 monthly na support at nangangako na kahit kailan, hindi na muli pang magsasampa ng criminal o civil case laban kay Manny Pacquiao,’” said she.

Pacquiao had already denied Bacosa’s allegations. GMA News Online quoted him in his affidavit saying, “The allegations of complainant are false and I could not believe that despite all the help he has given her and her child, she still filed the complaint.”

He likewise refuted the accusations that he threatened to have Bacosa’s son kidnapped and that he refused to give financial support, even as he maintained that he has no knowledge of the identity of the son’s father.

The second part of Bacosa’s interview will be aired tonight on “Aksyon Balita,” which will also air the statement from Pacquiao’s camp.


Chief News Editor: Sol Jose Vanzi

© Copyright, 2011 by PHILIPPINE HEADLINE NEWS ONLINE
All rights reserved


PHILIPPINE HEADLINE NEWS ONLINE [PHNO] WEBSITE