FEAR NOT, JENNIFER LOPEZ IS BACK IN AMERICAN IDOL NEXT YEAR

LOS ANGELES, AUGUST 5, 2011 (PHNO) YAHOO NEWS (Reuters)
By Tim Kenneally (TheWrap.com) - Fear not, Jennifer Lopez fans: the singer is returning to "American Idol" to judge for at least another year, TheWrap has learned through two individuals familiar with the deal.

The pop star will be returning to the television singing competition with a contract with the Fox Broadcasting Network that's "a smidge over" $20 million, according to one of the individual.

Both insiders said the deal is complete but has not yet been signed.

The $20 million was apparently the base minimum for Lopez, and after tough negotiations with Fox, ended up just above that number.

It's a considerable raise from the $12 million she reportedly raked in for handling judge duties last season.

The only hurdle left to be cleared in the deal, according to one of the individuals, is scheduling. Lopez will be working on two major productions -- the romantic dramedy "What to Expect When You're Expecting," which is slated for a May 2012 release, and the thriller "Parker," currently in pre-production -- which will most likely necessitate a shift in audition dates for the upcoming season.

Lopez, whose gig with the revamped reality series began last January, told the BBC earlier this year that she was "on the fence" about returning for another season. Unlike her fellow new "Idol" judge, Aerosmith warbler Steven Tyler, Lopez only signed up for a year.

"I had an amazing time doing it and I loved it, but I have a lot of other things happening, and it's going to come down to making a choice of really what I want to do for the next year," Lopez said. "We're not really at the breaking point of 'You have to make a decision right now!' So I'm not. I'm really enjoying the time of just waiting -- and seeing."

TheWrap has also confirmed that Lopez plans to continue with the talent-search series "Q'Viva!" The series will feature Lopez and her now-estranged husband Marc Anthony scouring Latin America for the hottest vocal talent in the region. The series is co-created and co-executive-produced by Lopez, Anthony, "American Idol" producer Simon Fuller and Jamie King.

Fox, which airs "Idol" and a representative for Lopez had no comment for TheWrap on this story.

J.Lo, Anthony fans tweet their feelings over split ReutersBy Jake Weinraub | Reuters Mon, 18 Jul, 2011 * * tweet0 * Email * Print By Jake Weinraub

LOS ANGELES (TheWrap) - People on Twitter responded with a range of sadness to eye-rolls upon the news that Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony are separating after seven years of marriage.

Even actor Jason Alexander added his voice to the mix:

@IJasonAlexander: JLo is back in play. Anyone hooks me up with her cell number and then it's just a matter of time.

"Entertainment Tonight" co-host Nancy O'Dell (@NancyODell): "So sorry to hear the Jennifer Lopez/Marc Anthony news."

Entertainment news commentator Dan Wootton (@danwootton): "Shocked that Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony have split. They seemed so in love on American Idol."

Here is a sampling of some fan responses:

- @KardashK_Army: So so shocked that Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony have split. So sudden and out of nowhere! Good luck to them both in the future ?

- @4eyedmonk: But J-Lo has every reason to be proud of this one.....this marriage lasted over 3 times longer than her last 2....applause!!!

- @BigJooceBabaaay: JLO gets divorced whenever she releases an album!

- @Danniimeanogue: Jennifer Lopez & Marc Anthony to divorce. Jlo to write a new song about the split called "Love costs a lot more nowadays."

- @juicymorsel: The split between JLo and Mark Anthony is amiable now that they have agreed who gets custody of the full-length mirrors.

Also Saturday, a spokesman for Lopez and Anthony's "American Idol"-style singing show "Q-Viva: The Chosen" told Variety the show will go ahead as planned.

Jennifer Lopez talks about split from Marc Anthony with Vanity Fair magazine The Canadian PressBy The Associated Press | The Canadian Press Tue, 2 Aug, 2011

NEW YORK, N.Y. - Jennifer Lopez tells Vanity Fair magazine that she still believes in love despite her split from her husband of seven years, Marc Anthony.

The singer and actress gave the publication her first interview since announcing her divorce earlier this month.

Lopez says she is an "eternal optimist" and describes love as her "biggest dream."

The 42-year-old, who has had a string of high-profile relationships, says she's learned to walk away from something when it isn't right.

One thing Lopez says she and Anthony do right is work together, saying "together we make magic."

The couple has two children, twins Max and Emme.

The September issue of Vanity Fair goes on sale nationwide Aug. 9.


Chief News Editor: Sol Jose Vanzi

Copyright, 2011 by PHILIPPINE HEADLINE NEWS ONLINE
All rights reserved


PHILIPPINE HEADLINE NEWS ONLINE [PHNO] WEBSITE