DEREK RAMSEY'S SILENCE SPEAKS VOLUMES; BABY BOY FOR OGIE & REGINE
MANILA, JULY 14, 2011 (STAR) FUNFARE By Ricardo F. Lo - Derek Ramsay: Not saying much at the moment
• “I believe that, contrary to what you wrote yesterday, there’s something sweet going on between Azkal Phil Younghusband and Angel Locsin; they’re not just pretending,” said an avid Funfare Follower who saw the couple at Kylie Minogue’s concert (“The best I’ve ever seen,” the FF added) at the Big Dome Tuesday night. “They were not on PDA (Public Display of Affection), they were just naturally sweet towards each other and there was no effort at all to put up a front, no attempt to hold hands. Obviously, there was mutual respect between them.” Well and good. Let’s hope the “special friendship” and “exclusive dating” end up happily ever after…whether the Azkals win (hope they would) or lose (knock on wood).
• So it’s a boy for Ogie Alcasid and wife Regine Velasquez. “It’s 97 percent sure na,” Ogie texted Funfare, adding that the ultrasound was done by Dr. Lilibeth Genuino last Saturday instead of two weeks from now when Regine hits her fifth month of pregnancy. “We are still looking for names and Timothy Joseph and Nathaniel are among Reg’s favorites.” Not included is Herminio, which is Ogie’s real first name, because it’s “masyadong makaluma.” Ogie said that he’s used to changing for baby girls (her daughters Leila and Sarah with ex-wife Michelle van Eimeren) but he has yet to learn how to do it with a baby boy. “Reg and I will learn how to do it together,” he said.
• Update on Leah Salterio: Yesterday was her first month at the Glendale Adventist Medical Center in California and she’s now fast recovering at a two-patient room. Immigration lawyer Jemela Nettles called yesterday morning and she said somebody was going to talk to me. It turned out that Jemela was visiting and she put Leah on the line. She could talk, even laughed a bit when I “ordered” her to come home pronto! Teryl MacDougall, the hospital’s media relations officer, e-mailed to Funfare more heart-warming info: Leah was able to walk 44 tiles and eat 10-15 percent pureed food, could shake her head when she disapproved of something and address nurses and physical therapists by their first names, and she even thanked me for helping her. (She should be home before long.)
* * *
Unlike most actors who deny to death even when confronted face-to-face with the naked truth, Derek Ramsay is proving that he’s man enough by not denying that, yes, he did marry (a Filipino-Indian girl) nine years ago when he was 25 (the girl was reportedly 24 at that time).
But upon the advice of his lawyers, Derek is not saying much.
However, Funfare got some vital facts about that marriage, “committed” a few years before Derek joined showbiz, which was — ironically! — unearthed and reported by TV Patrol, the newscast in Derek’s home station. Being an ABS-CBN/Star Cinema star, Derek felt that he should have been protected, instead of “exposed,” by the company.
Here’s what Funfare gathered by an unlikely VDPA (Very Deep Penetration Agent):
• Derek had just come back from the US (where he studied at Boston University) when he met the girl who is described as an Angel Locsin lookalike and who did a few commercials.
• The girl sort of “challenged” Derek when she told him that she wondered why girls would fall for him when he’s not good-looking. Being an athlete, Derek pursued the girl to prove her wrong and went farther by marrying her.
• But the marriage didn’t last long. After living together for only two months and a half, they parted ways — “Kasi masyadong selosa ang girl,” said the VDPA.
• Derek has decided to keep mum (for the time being) on the issue in deference to the girl who has yet to come out.
• It’s not confirmed if Derek and “his wife” have a child.
Meanwhile, Derek’s girlfriend Angelica Panganiban is unperturbed by the issue, hinting that she knew about it all along and her love for Derek hasn’t changed.
Parañaque City Councilor Alma Moreno, national president of the Philippine Councilors League Alma happy with career, marriage
We bumped into Parañaque City Councilor Alma Moreno at the Tacloban airport on our way back to Manila after covering the Sto. Niño fiesta last June 28-30 upon the invitation of Tacloban City Mayor Alfred Romualdez and his wife Councilor Cristina “Kring Kring” Gonzales-Romualdez.
Alma came from Ormoc where she was guest speaker at an event in her capacity as national president of the Philippine Councilors League (PCL) with more than 17,000 members.
For the nth time, Alma denied persistent rumors that she and her husband, Marawi City Mayor Fahad Salic, are separated.
“We are,” said Alma, “but only physically. He lives in Marawi and I’m always traveling around the country for PCL. But when we have time together, when I’m in Marawi or when he comes to Manila, talagang ini-enjoy namin.”
The couple has a year-old daughter, Alfaida (Alfa for short). Alma’s other children are mostly in showbiz — Mark Fernandez (by Rudy Fernandez), Vandolph (by Dolphy), and Wynwyn (by Joey Marquez) who is, according to Alma, “beauty-queen material” who resembles her aunts Via Marquez and Melanie Marquez.
Asked if she’s running for a higher position in 2013, Alma echoed what Kring Kring said, “Too early to tell. Sa ngayon, pinagbubutihan ko ang trabaho ko as national president of the Philippine Councilors League.”
• Jocelyn Ramirez Ong would like to inform alumni of Grace Christian High School Batch 1991 that they will have their 20th-anniversary grand platinum reunion on Saturday, July 9, at the Crowne Plaza Galleria Ballroom, starting at 7 p.m. with the Side A band as performer. For more information and tickets (P1,500 per), call or text 0923-9771616.
• It’s Acoustic Night tonight at O Bistro at the fifth floor of Oracle Hotel & Restaurant (on Katipunan Road, Quezon City, across from Ateneo), the only boutique hotel in the area. You can sing to your heart’s content with the live acoustic music while you’re enjoying good food in a cozy ambience. Call landline 926-7777 for reservation.
Chief News Editor: Sol Jose Vanzi
© Copyright, 2011 by PHILIPPINE
HEADLINE NEWS ONLINE
All rights reserved
PHILIPPINE HEADLINE NEWS ONLINE [PHNO] WEBSITE