CHOOSE THE PERFECT DATE FOR VALENTINE'S DAY
MANILA, February 14, 2004 (STAR) MANILA has three irresistible Valentine packages available from Feb. 13 to 15, as well as choices for that perfect Valentine dinner. There are three room packages, namely Attraction, priced at P5,500++, Fascination, at P9,900++ and Passion, at P18,500++. Those availing of the Attraction and Fascination packages may upgrade their accommodations to a Club deluxe room for an additional P2,500++, entitling them to full Club benefits. The packages are valid for Philippine residents only. For details and reservations, call 750-8888.
*** MANDARIN MANILA-The Mandarin’s restaurants are also ready for the occasion, with special menus designed by its award-winning chefs. At Paseo Uno, a special Valentine’s Day lunch and dinner buffet, priced at P1,200++ per person features sumptuous treats. From Feb. 13 to 15, surprise a loved one with a romantic dinner at The Tivoli or Tin Hau. At P2,950++ per person, The Tivoli’s special six-course Valentine dinner menu offers a choice of three main courses, namely oven-roasted goose breast with candied apple and calvados glaze, simmered tenderloin of beef with watercress horseradish cream on crisp egg noodle cake, or pan-seared halibut center cut with truffle-infused asparagus risotto and red wine butter sauce. A long-stemmed rose and a surprise gift are offered to lady diners. Tin Hau’s eight-course Valentine’s set dinner menu includes fresh lobster salad, pan-fried scallops in gravy sauce, and baked fried rice with seafood in white cream sauce, among other delights, priced at P1,380++ per person. The Captain’s Bar offers a special Valentine’s Day dinner buffet priced at P950++ per person. From 9 p.m. onwards, the Kislev band performs. There is a minimum consumable of P350++ per person. A special Valentine’s cocktail is also offered at P280++ per person. At the Mandarin Deli, a three-course Valentine’s set meal at P680++ per person is offered until Feb. 15. In addition, the Deli offers various Valentine confectionery, pralines, and cakes until Feb. 15. For reservations and inquiries, call 750-8888.
* * * WESTIN PHILIPPINE PLAZA offers lovers a choice of casual or formal settings to celebrate Valentine’s Day. The Poolside Barbecue by the Bay serves great food, a complimentary glass of champagne and live music for P1,700++ per person on Feb. 14. Café Plaza offers "the longest buffet," combining three buffets for the price of one. Choose from any of The Westin’s signature restaurants: Italian cuisine from Alfiere; Cantonese specialties from China Sea; and the Café Plaza buffet. It is priced at P950++ per person on Feb. 12 and 13, and P1,200++ per person on Feb. 14 along with a glass of Moet et Chandon champagne. Dine at Alfiere restaurant for an appetizing buffet spread, priced at P950++ per person, from Feb. 12 and 13. An Italian set dinner is complemented with a glass of sparkling wine on Feb. 14, priced at P1,300++ per person. Savor an exotic Valentine’s Day fare at China Sea Restaurant. Set menus are served on Feb. 12 and 13, priced at P988++ and P1,288++ per person, respectively. Cap the evening at Siete Pecados Live and groove with Arpie and the Multivitamins and the Millennium Band on Feb. 14. Minimum consumable charge is P800 per person. All ladies dining at any of the hotel’s restaurants on Valentine’s Day will receive a romantic token from Moet et Chandon. For inquiries and reservations, call 551-5555.
* * * MAKATI SHANGRI-LA celebrates love on Valentine’s Day with a variety of delicious offers for friends and lovers alike. From Feb. 13 to 15, Red offers a six-course set dinner menu that has for main course a choice between the popular shellfish bowl, comprised of grilled salmon, sea bass and lobster, and grilled Australian sirloin with mashed potatoes, asparagus and mushroom sauce. Dessert is a surprise called Sweet Dreams. Red’s Valentine set menu is priced at P3,500 per person. Couples availing of the menu will receive a complimentary bottle of Moet et Chandon. The Lobby Lounge goes romantic with its offering of chocolate-flavored strawberries and a bottle of Moet et Chandon, priced at P3,200 per person. To enhance the mood for romance, a classical pianist will play romantic tunes during the evening. A sumptuous spread of Japanese specialties is available at Inagiku for dinner on Feb.14 at P1,950 per person. From Feb. 15 to 19, Inagiku will showcase a menu featuring oysters. Available for lunch and dinner, this special menu consists of exotic oyster preparations such as mamagaki (fresh oyster with chili sauce) and kaki matsumae yaki (grilled oyster served with kobu seaweed), as well as the popular oyster tempura, among many others. After dinner, couples may go to Conways’ Bar and listen to the vocals of Mocha, who will be accompanied by the Spin Art Band. As a special treat, guests who order a vodka martini from 5 to 9 p.m. and from midnight to 2:30 a.m. get a complimentary vodka martini for their date. For inquiries and reservations, call the restaurant reservation and information center at 840-0884.
* * * EDSA SHANGRI-LA sets the stage for a romantic celebration. On Feb. 13, party with Replay Band performing live at the Lobby Lounge, as you feast on a Filipino pica-pica buffet. On Valentine’s Day, enjoy a dinner-concert featuring Spirit of 67, Carmela Cuneta and Eric Obach. On Feb. 14 and 15, indulge in an intimate dinner at Paparazzi’s terrace tent, with a string quartet performance on Valentine’s Day. Savor the best of Cantonese fare as Summer Place offers special lunch and dinner set menus, including roast suckling pig, shark’s fin soup, scallops and prawns. Garden Café offers a dinner buffet of the freshest seafood on Feb. 13 and the Poolside Barbecue buffet on Feb. 14. Nishiki delights lovers of all ages with Japanese set menus from Feb. 13 to 15. On Valentine’s Day, Nishiki offers a dinner buffet of traditional Japanese favorites. From Feb. 13 to 15, heart-shaped praline boxes and strawberry cakes are available for sale at the Bakeshop. Indulge in EDSA Shangri-La Valentine’s Room Package. Check in on a Friday or Saturday for only P4,000++ for a deluxe room and P3,800++ for a superior room for an overnight stay with breakfast buffet for two. For restaurant reservations, call 633-8888 local 2738 or 2739. For room reservations and inquiries, call 636-9083 to 636-9087.
* * * MANILA PAVILION HOTEL offers a selection of dining packages for Valentine’s Day. Delight in a Valentine dinner at The Rotisserie with its Romantic Interludes promotion. This is available on Feb. 13 and 14. Complimentary drinks and gifts will be given to diners. Celebrate Valentine Chinese style with Wo Ai Nhi at the Pavilion Court. Indulge in a tasty dinner buffet at Cafe Coquilla’s Cupid’s Savory Spreads that include dishes like roast strip loin with bordelaise sauce, crispy breaded seafood with tartar sauce, grilled salmon steak "Doria," fillet of pork Nainsha, cannelloni al forno, and many more. Dessert choices include cherry crumble pie, apple strudel with vanilla sauce, lemon meringue, tiramisu and mango cheesecake. This is available on Feb. 14 and is priced P750++ per person. Chocolates or roses will be given away to all the ladies. The Strolling Trio will serenade guests. Groove to the romantic beats of Xzel and Music Motion on Feb. 13 and to the vintage tunes of Retrospect on Feb. 14 in Lovebites at the Music Room. The first 10 couples to arrive will enjoy a complimentary glass of Terra Andina Sauvignon. Cover charge is P500net minimum consumable. The event is sponsored by BestWorld Beverage Brands Inc. Valentine concoctions featuring the icy-cool mixture of frozen strawberry daiquiri and the fiery blend of strawberry Margarita are available at all hotel outlets on Feb. 13 and 14. Each order, priced at P460, comes with a cuddly stuff toy. The Patisserie has a Valentine goodie counter offering melt-your-heart treats created by the hotel’s pastry chefs. This counter is open until Feb. 15, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. For reservations and inquiries, call the Manila Pavilion Hotel at 526-1212 local 2505 (Rotisserie), 2408 (Café Coquilla), 2317 (Music Room), and 2326 (Patisserie).
* * * DUSIT HOTEL NIKKO makes Valentine a doubly memorable celebration with its Valentine Romantic Getaway package. Priced at P5,555net for two persons, the package includes an overnight stay in a deluxe room with a choice of buffet breakfast at The Café or room service breakfast, Saturday afternoon tea, a glass of champagne with chocolate covered strawberries in your room upon arrival, a choice of a romantic dinner for two at any of the selected outlets and a special Valentine’s turndown service. This promo is available on Feb. 13 and 14. For inquiries and reservations, call 867-3333 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Available on Feb. 13 and 14 are Valentine special set dinner menus at Benjarong, Benkay, Thien Duong, Fiesta San Miguel and Ciao, pegged at P1,200++ per person, and buffet at The Café, priced at P950++ for adults and P475++ for kids below 12 years old. The hotel Lobby Lounge offers a Valentine cocktail drink on Feb. 13 and 14, while the Deli Shop offers Valentine goodies this month. For inquiries and reservations, call 867-3333.
* * * PENINSULA MANILA offers choices galore for that perfect Valentine’s Day date. Old Manila’s Adrian Mellor has a five-course dinner set menu, priced at P3,500. For those who want Italian, Italian chef Michele Mingozzi of Mi Piace has a four-course dinner set menu priced at P1,600++. For something exotic, Spices has a heady selection of Thai, Indian, Malay, Indonesian, Vietnamese and Philippine delights. Nielsen’s famous buffet is priced at P1,150++ for adults and P690++ for children 12 years old and below. The Pen Lobby has a buffet dinner, priced at P1,350++ for adults and P810++ for children 12 years old and below. For a really grand dinner, The Peninsula Academy Culinary Journey, priced at P4,950++ per person (minimum of six and maximum of 12 diners are required), takes diners to the hotel’s main and pastry kitchen for a different dining experience. The Conservatory has a four-course Valentine dinner set menu at P1,100++ per person. For a total experience, book a room at The Pen. A superior city view room is priced at P4,250 per night, and for an additional P500, it comes with an in-room massage for two. Book two nights or two rooms and get a free extra night or an extra room, respectively. All female diners get long-stemmed roses and heart-shaped chocolates. For inquiries and reservations, call 887-2888.
* * * TGI FRIDAY’S serves food and fun on Valentine’s Day. Bistro Corporate chef John Cu-unjieng is preparing two mouthwatering treats for couples on this day – filet mignon and crab cakes. TGI Friday’s version of the filet mignon has 200 grams of juicy tenderloin filet wrapped in bacon and grilled as you like it. It is served with burgundy mushroom gravy, rice pilaf and chef’s veggies. Just as mouthwatering are the crab cakes, which are made with fresh lump crab meat and special seasonings and come with marinara sauce, rice pilaf and chef’s veggies. These two dishes are available from Feb. 13 to 15 at TGI Friday’s Glorietta, Robinsons Place Manila, Hotel Rembrandt in Quezon City, Alabang Town Center and The Brickroad of Sta. Lucia East.
* * * JADE GARDEN, an affiliate of the Maxim’s Restaurant Group in Hong Kong, is offering a "Love Bites for 2" set menu specially prepared for couples. Priced at P1,200+, each couple will be able to savor enticing deep-fried stuffed crab claws for appetizer, seafood soup with bean curd, stir-fried scallops with broccoli, beef tenderloin and sweet cashew nuts in black pepper sauce, yeung chow fried rice and mango shake with sago for dessert. Jade Garden is at Greenbelt 1, Ayala Center, Makati City. For inquiries and reservations, call 812-4518 or 892-2319.
* * * PAN PACIFIC MANILA, the first and only full butler deluxe hotel in Asia, has prepared a month-long Valentine’s celebration to indulge guests with sumptuous dishes, splendid ambiance and the best service this side of town. The hotel’s special Valentine dinner packages on Feb. 14 include a seven-course meal, that comes with live entertainment, at the Pacific Lounge, priced at P1,000++ per person. For something private, book a table for two at the Gazebo and dine under the moon, the stars and the cool February night. Share a specially concocted love potion in a giant martini glass and set the perfect mood for romance. Dinner at the Gazebo comes with live entertainment and is priced at P2,500++ per person. The Sunset Barbecue, held every Saturday (except on Feb. 14) at the Poolside from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m., will feature a month-long Valentine-inspired barbecue feast offering grilled dishes, refreshing drinks and a magnificent view of the Manila Bay sunset. For details and reservations, call the butler at 536-0788 or e-mail email@example.com.
* * * HERALD SUITES in Makati celebrates Valentine’s with a special dinner and show at Co’ca bar and restaurant on Feb. 13 and 14, from 8 p.m. onwards. It features the vocal styling of Enola Gay, accompanied by an acoustic guitar. This special show is priced at P350net. Herald also has a special room promo offering overnight room accommodation, dinner and breakfast in bed for two for P2,500net. For inquiries and reservations, call 759-6270 to 81.
* * * MIL NOVECIENTOS TAPAS BAR AND BISTRO offers a special Valentine menu, priced at P595+ per person. It comes with beef consommé, mixed lettuce and apple salad, a choice of Prawns Aphrodite (tiger prawns in vegetable and Parmesan sauce) or Romeo y Julieta (grilled beef tenderloin with mustard and freshly crushed peppercorns and lapu-lapu fillet with parsley mojo sauce) and cherry cheesecake for dessert. All orders come with a complimentary glass of sangria. Mil Novecientos is at 1900 M. Adriatico St., Remedios Circle, Malate, Manila. Call 521-6682 or fax 522-2593 for inquiries and reservations.
* * * HOLIDAY INN GALLERIA MANILA gives couples all the reason to let loose and drop it all in the name of love with Inn-love, the hotel’s featured drink this February. Have a dose of romance with this brandy-based love potion blended with guyabano juice, sweet and sour mix and enhanced with créme de cacao and Kahlua. Inn-love is one passionate concoction sure to send hearts fluttering. It is available at Raphael Café and Restaurant and Monet Bar-Lounge at P280++ per glass. Every order comes with a stuffed toy. Promo runs until Feb. 29. For inquires, call 633-7111 local 7416 or 7418.
* * * DISCOVERY SUITES sets the stage for a romantic weekend with its My Private Valentine room packages that offer couples an intimate rendezvous with overnight accommodation and an en suite dinner for two served by their own maitre d’. The package, with special Valentine amenities like a drawn bath, flowers and music to put you in the mood, starts at P5,800++ for a one-bedroom suite. Packages for a group of four and six persons are also available. Suite Valentine offers the same perks and amenities, but it comes with a romantic dinner at the Columbus Room. My Private Valentine and Suite Valentine are available on Feb. 13 and 14. For an amorous dinner date, enjoy the Valentine set menus created by chef Rick Abasta. Aphrodite’s Splendor, priced at P795++ per person, is a six-course menu with blackened Norwegian salmon bedded on asparagus risotto, with crisp spinach, shaved Parmesan in tomato saffron broth as its entrée. St. Valentine’s Feast, priced at P895++ per person, features roasted rack of lamb with kalamata olives, creamed potatoes with crisp arugula and balsamic rosemary reduction. For more information and reservations, call 635-2222.
* * * STA. ELENA PROPERTIES INC. offers a five-course dinner prepared by culinary couple Ramon and Monica Eugenio of Connections Catering Company on Feb. 13 and 14 at the Balinese Gardens of Banahaw Village Clubhouse, located at the center of Sta. Elena’s lush Audubon-certified Forests and international award-winning championship Fairways. Dinner starts with a duo of sesame-crusted tuna mignon and pan-seared scallops with wasabi aioli followed by a cappuccino of roasted pumpkin with crisp Parma ham and grissini. A piña colada sorbet precedes the main course of either Chilean sea bass with a tomato beurre blanc or US certified Angus rib eye steak with a Cabernet Sauvignon-shallot jus set on roasted garlic mashed potato. A bittersweet chocolate truffle cake with strawberry Romanoff finishes the meal. Advanced reservations for the sea bass are required. The music of an acoustic guitar and violin strings will serenade guests during dinner, while the soulful artistry of May Bayot, Romy Jorolan and Acoustic Jive will keep guests dancing till the end of the night. The Banahaw Village Clubhouse is at Sta. Rosa, Laguna (Cabuyao Exit). For inquiries, call Sta. Elena Properties Inc. at 886-6178, 886-6179 or 0917-5331155.
* * * SEVEN SUITES HOTEL OBSERVATORY offers dinner under the stars on Valentine’s Day. Guests may choose from three entrees, namely English roast chicken, salmon and ribs. Guests will be serenaded by a string ensemble during the occasion. The hotel also offers a number of indulgences, like a Jacuzzi, spa and luxurious suites, all at a reasonable price. Guests may explore the skies with the hotel’s in-house astronomer or just get cozy under the moonlight. Seven Suites Hotel Observatory is located at Hollywood Hills Subdivision, Sumulong Highway, Antipolo City (across Valley Golf Country Club). For inquiries, call 677-5401, 677-5402 or 240-5093, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* * * PORTICO 1771 and CHATEAU 1771 restaurants add a romantic sparkle to this Day of Hearts. Portico 1771’s Malate branch has a lovely garden, tucked away behind its Adriatico gate. On this special night, Portico’s musicians serenade guests under the enchanting starlit sky. Portico’s menu showcases delightful appetizers, entrees and desserts bearing Chateau 1771’s signature presentation and ingenious sauces. Highly recommended are Portico’s spring tofu, chicken Duxelle, Norwegian salmon opera, 1771’s famous coffee pie and coffee bean sans rival. Chateau 1771’s pride is its French-no borders cuisine. Savor the exquisite flavor of Chateau 1771’s signature dishes, like raclette and cheese fondue, lemon chicken and pasta chorizo. Make your Valentine date even more memorable with Pasta Kusinero, spaghetti with browned garlic, tuyo flakes, parsley, and chili; beef osso bucco, beef shanks cooked with carrots, onions, and celery simmered in a Portuguese-inspired tomato sauce with beer and served with linguine tossed in olive oil; and grilled blue marlin and butter-fried prawns drizzled with lime butter sauce and served with pineapple rice. To make this occasion special, the first 20 reservations in each of the two restaurants will receive a complimentary overnight stay for two at Hotel Pontefino, the new deluxe hotel in Batangas City. The hotel’s gift certificate also includes dinner at its fine dining outlet, Pastorelli. Ladies will receive a special gift token for the evening. Sentro 1771, the modern Filipino restaurant of the group, will give away a Hotel Pontefino gift certificate for the lucky early guests. Chateau 1771 is at El Pueblo Real de Manila, Ortigas, with tel. nos. 631-7340; and at 1771 M. Adriatico St., Malate, with tel. no. 523-2063. Sentro 1771 is at the second floor of Greenbelt 3, Ayala Center, Makati.
* * * ILUSTRADO offers Sax and Romance on Feb. 12 and 13 for Valentine’s early birds. Aside from a special menu, guests will be entertained by saxophonist Vince Lahorra. Entrée specials include a choice of braised lamb foreshank in basil jus with rosemary-baked garlic, lentils and grilled vegetables, beef tenderloin in onion-herb crust with shiitake mushrooms and duck liver mousse in Kahlua-Cabernet sauce, pan-fried Cornish hen with rondelle cheese, glazed apple, red berry and olive pancake or fillet of Alaskan gindara with vegetable paella strudel and gambas-mussel al ajillo with green pea stew. On Feb. 14, it’s Rhythm and Voices featuring a four-man band and a set menu priced at P1,300+ per person. It comes with a box of pralines for the ladies. A bottle of Chilean red wine will be raffled off on the three nights. For inquiries, call 527-3674 or 527-3675.
* * * BELLEVUE HOTEL has an irresistible treat for sweethearts by way of its Amore dinner buffet at Café D’Asie, available on Feb.13 and 14. This buffet is priced at P720++. Also available is the Amore room package, priced at P3,000++, available from Feb. 12 to 16. Couples may indulge in breakfast for two, a rose bath, sparkling wine, tempting chocolates and late check-out. With an additional P2,000++, guests get a suite upgrade. Couples may also head to The Bellevue’s 20/20 entertainment center on Feb. 14 for a night of music and romance. The Amore concert presents leading jazz and lounge acts. There is a P300net entrance fee.
* * * BURGOO AMERICAN BAR AND RESTAURANT has surprises in store on this red-letter day, including two great combos that sweethearts will surely love. One combo consists of grilled salmon and prawns, both seasoned with paprika and other special herbs and spices, served with seafood Caesar salad and flavored french fries, while the other is the pan-seared steak Alfredo, or tenderloin steaks seasoned with selected herbs and spices, pan-seared and served on a bed of pasta with Alfredo gorgonzola sauce. These special combos are available until Feb. 15. All female guests dining on Valentine’s Day get fresh red roses, while the men get key chains courtesy of Tabasco sauce. Burgoo has branches at: 310 Tomas Morato Extension, South Triangle, Diliman, Quezon City; at the third floor of the Power Plant Mall, Rockwell Center, Makati City; and at the second floor of The Podium, along ADB Ave., Ortigas Center, Mandaluyong City. For reservations, call 927-7424, 687-5254 and 898-1815.
* * * MAMA ROSA has lined up two special events this Valentine. On Friday, Feb. 13, Mama Rosa, in cooperation with Asia Brewery, will have its third oyster festival from 8 to 11 p.m. Enjoy a sumptuous, eat-all-you-can buffet of various oyster recipes (fresh, kinilaw, Provençal, Rockefeller, in curry, with taba ng talangka and queso de bola, capellini and more) and drink-all-you-can Lonestar Light, Colt 45 and Colt Ice for P400. A string ensemble will serenade guests with a medley of pop and jazz tunes to set the mood for a night of romance. Valentine’s Day is family day. On Feb. 14, treat the entire family to a continental buffet. Priced at P360 for adults and P220 for children, this buffet comes with a complimentary glass of strawberry iced tea for all buffet diners. The continental buffet includes green salad, lengua con champignon, rolled pork with tomato-olive concassé, chicken cordon bleu, grilled fish with lemon butter sauce, seafood pasta, sopa de ajo, rice and dessert. The buffet is available from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and from 6 to 10 p.m. Mama Rosa Restaurants are at Timog Ave. corner Tomas Morato St., Quezon City (in front of the Boy Scout Monument) and at Fuente Circle, Eastwood City Walk, Eastwood City, Libis, Quezon City. For inquiries and reservations, call Cristy at 372-6591 or Olive at 421-2476.
* * * CSB HOTEL serves a special pre-Valentine dinner, priced at P350net per person, on Feb. 13. Prepared by executive chef Dennis Peralta, the menu consists of asparagus studded seared tuna with a spicy sun-dried tomato coulis, minestrone Tuscany soup with pesto and Parmesan cheese served with foccacia melba toast, a choice of napoleon of oven-baked duo of Gen San tuna and maya-maya in pepper herb crust and red wine with tomato spaezle, or free-range chicken breast stuffed with shrimp, assorted herbs, garlic and Parmesan cheese, rose petals-infused mashed potato in white choco cream sauce or pan-seared beef medallions with grilled pineapple-jicama salsa, assorted vegetables and coffee infused demi-glace for entrée. Dessert is warm flourless chocolate cake with fresh strawberries and vanilla ice cream. Diners will be entertained by The Gentry and Brian and Anna for a perfect evening. CSB Hotel is located at Angelo King International Center, Arellano Ave. corner Estrada St., Malate, Manila. For inquiries and reservations, call its sales and marketing office at 400-5455 or 400-3333.
* * * TERRAZAS DE PUNTA FUEGO offers romantic sunset dinner with its Amor en Terrazas Valentine dinner on Feb. 14. Celebrate with a sunset cocktail at the Terrazas Beach Club, while watching the breathtaking beautiful Nasugbu sunset and listening to soothing music from a wind and string quintet. Then it’s dinner under the stars as Club Punta Fuego lays out a sensuous feast of marinated Norwegian salmon set on a salad bouquet with passion fruit vinaigrette, wild mushroom soup with coriander wantons, a choice of pan-roasted French duck breast, char-broiled Angus rib-eye or oven-roasted sea bass for entrée, and creamed fruits and berries enhanced with Champagne Sauvignon for dessert. Priced at P1,500 per couple, diners will enjoy this two-hour cocktail and sit-down dinner. Lady guests get a complimentary long-stemmed rose from the gardens of Ponderosa Leisure Farms. Cocktails will start at 5 p.m. and dinner will be at 7 p.m. There will also be a special kiddie menu available upon request for children 12 years old and below. Amor en Terrazas is exclusive to Punta Fuego homeowners and Club Punta Fuego members. Terrazas de Punta Fuego is a joint development of Landco Pacific Corp. and Roxaco Land Corp. For reservations, call Judith Aquino at 809-7316 or 0922-8661372.
* * * LE SOLEIL DE BORACAY promises a perfect getaway on Valentine’s weekend. It has special packages for local residents, priced as low as P3,900 per person on twin-sharing basis. Le Soleil de Boracay was named recently as first class hotel, earning a Triple A seal from the Department of Tourism. Owned and operated by P. J. Lhuillier Inc., it offers guests to Boracay Island an inviting refuge after a day of island hopping. For inquiries, call its Manila office at 899-6779 or 895-1777 local 1712, 1714 and 1715 or visit www.lesoleil.com.ph.
* * * FERNANDINA 88 SUITES HOTEL and 1572 RESTAURANT BALLROOM, located at the Araneta Center in Cubao, Quezon City, serves "A Night to Remember," Valentine’s dinner on Feb. 13 and 14. The dinner is a complete package and comes with sweet red wine and a rose for lady guests, plus some relaxing entertainment. Tickets to the dinner are priced at P500, with a 10 percent discount for couples or groups. Diners also get a chance to win an overnight stay at the hotel in a raffle. For reservations and inquiries, call 438-8651 or 913-7756.
* * * CLUBBER’S GUIDE, the stylish dance bar in Malate, stages a Valentine party on Feb. 14. Clubber’s Guide party meisters a Gillete Yaneza and Benjo Durado will lead the party, which will feature a booty-shaking challenge for ladies and beer bomb races for men and women sponsored by Jose Cuervo Tequila. Clubber’s Guide is at 610 Julio Nakpil St., Malate, Manila. For inquiries and reservations, call 450-1592.
* * * FOODPARKS BY RAINTREE sets the Valentine mood at the different Food Park venues around the metropolis. Food Odyssey, at the 11th floor of LKG Tower along Ayala Ave., Makati City, gives the singles time to mingle in a singles party on Feb. 13. Foodpark at the Enterprise, at the fourth floor of The Enterprise Center, Ayala Ave. corner Paseo de Roxas, Makati City, features budding young artists in lunch and dinner time concerts. Food and Art Galerie, at the 12th floor of GT Tower International, Ayala Ave. corner H. V. Dela Costa, Makati City, will be filled with music from a string ensemble on Feb. 13, while special "Gayuma: A Feast for the Heart" aphrodisiac meals will be available at the different food stalls. The Marketplace, at the Times Plaza on U. N. Ave., Manila, will host a dating game for singles on Feb. 13. For inquiries, call 752-5681.
Reported by: Sol Jose Vanzi
© Copyright, 2003
by PHILIPPINE HEADLINE NEWS ONLINE
All rights reserved
PHILIPPINE HEADLINE NEWS ONLINE [PHNO] WEBSITE