WHO ARE THE WORLD'S TOP 10 SEXIEST WOMEN?
Manila, July 15, 2003 By Wilson Lee Flores (STAR) What makes a woman truly sexy? Is beauty really in the eye of the beholder? Are the voluptuous curves of sex sirens Joyce Jimenez, Patricia Javier and Ara Mina enough to get them into the list of the country’s sexiest women? Does baring more skin in bold movies or pictorials transform many a woman in showbiz or modeling world into sex godesses overnight? The latest issue of FHM Philippines magazine by Summit Media has a special supplement entitled "FHM 100 Sexiest Women in the World 2003," which is based on a poll of votes cast by the magazine’s readers. And according to its Filipino readers, here are the top 10 sexiest women:
1. Halle Berry – the Oscar award-winning African-American actress and named by People magazine as one of 2003’s Most Beautiful People in the World. Her failed marriage some years back didn’t derail her quest for success.
2. Diana Zubiri – bold starlet from Seiko Films
3. Cindy Kurleto – Filipino-Austrian aspiring actress who appears in Magandang Tanghali Bayan and the romance movie, Ngayong Nandito Ako
4. Karen Montelibano – bold starlet of last year’s film Sisid and subject of the Jun de Leon art photography book Suonos
5. Britney Spears – set to play the daughter of a racing veteran in a new film project and the former girlfriend of singer Justin Timberlake
6. Aubrey Miles – bold actress from Regal Films who starred recently in her first non-bold film Sanib at the recent Manila Film Festival
7. Maui Taylor – young bold actress from Viva Films who starred recently in director Joel Lamangan’s Manila Film Festival entry, Huling Birhen sa Lupa
8. Andrea del Rosario – former colegiala student, acted once in Repertory Philippines and now a sexy actress of Viva Films which launched her with the bold movie Lupe
9. Angel Locsin – 18-year-old who plays a boyish character named Charley on the teenybopper TV series Click
10. Rochelle Pangilinan – co-star in the TV sitcom Da Boy en Da Girl, member of the TV show Eat Bulaga
The international edition of FHM magazine recently released the results of its worldwide poll of "FHM 100 Sexiest Women in the World 2003" based on more than a million votes cast. Here are the results:
1. Halle Berry
2. Britney Spears
3. Carmen Electra – 31-year-old bikini goddess who gained fame from the Baywatch TV series
4. Alyssa Milano – the 30-year-old actress who plays Phoebe in the Charmed TV series and uncanny look-alike of local model-actress G Tongi
5. Jennifer Lopez – two-time No. 1 sexiest in previous years, this top actress-singer is now engaged to Hollywood actor Ben Affleck
6. Angelina Jolie – 28-year-old star of Tomb Raider 2, served as Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
7. Pamela Anderson – former Batwatch star, still attractive at 35 years old and after having survived romances with ex-boyfriends Scott Baio, Tommy Lee and Kid Rock
8. Jennifer Garner – Golden Globe awardee for the unappreciated film Alias and co-starred with Ben Affleck in the recent film Daredevil as Elektra. Her portrayal was so successful that a separate feature film will be made on this Elektra character by 2005.
9. Anna Kournikova – voted No. 1 Sexiest Woman in the World in 2002
10. Brooke Burke – star of E! network
Man, the Superior Sex?
A magazine once reported that a youth in Boston entered a bookshop and asked the saleslady for a book entitled Man, the Superior Sex. The saleslady replied frostily: "You’ll have to look for that book in the Fiction Department." The great natural advantage of women over males is that many of them can effortlessly combine physical beauty, grace and character, which will make any man’s accomplishments – power or personality – pale in comparison. Women are truly sexy not only due to a sensuous physique, but due to their emotional maturity, strength of character, personality and inner beauty.
Since this writer is a lifelong admirer of female beauty as among God’s greatest gifts to mankind, here is my own list of the Top 10 Sexiest Women in the World and why:
1. Hillary Rodham Clinton – The feisty New York senator and former First Lady is not only physically beautiful who dresses elegantly, she also has intellectual brilliance and strength of character. She has more guts and brains than her husband, ex-President Bill Clinton, or President George Walker Bush combined. This writer believes Hillary will eventually become the first woman President in American history.
2. Gong Li – China’s internationally-acclaimed actress and film director who was the former muse and inspiration of award-winning director Zhang Yimou. Now 37 years old and former ambassador for L’Oreal cosmetics, Gong Li personifies the ageless and elegant Oriental beauty which seems far superior to traditional Western standards of beauty. She had won the Best Actress Award in the Venice International Film Festival and the New York Film Critics Award. People Magazine had cited her in its list of the "50 Most Beautiful People."
3. Nicole Kidman – Her physical beauty may not be as perfect as those of supermodels like Heidi Klum, but this Australian actress is sexy due to her talent, her personality and her Oscar award-winning performances in Hollywood hit films. She is more outstanding in acting talents and in personality than her former husband Hollywood icon Tom Cruise. German high fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld recently refused to confirm reports that Nicole Kidman will be paid a record $7.9 million to be the model of the prestigious Chanel fashion house of France.
4. Anna Kournikova – This Russian athlete may now only rank No. 78 among the world’s best women tennis players, but she remains the loveliest, the most photographed and most physically graceful of them all in the world’s tennis courts.
5. Catherine Zeta-Jones – This year’s Oscar winner for Best Supporting Actress for her role in the musical film Chicago, this Welsh actress is still incredibly sexy at age 33 despite recently having given birth to a child by her husband actor Michael Douglas.
6. Julia Roberts – She is another beauty who is not physically perfect like a supermodel or beauty queen, but how can we forget her scintillating performances in popular films like Pretty Woman and My Best Friend’s Wedding? In her next film, Mona Lisa Smile, she plays a professor in an all-woman’s college set in the 1950s and co-starring younger sexy actresses like Kirsten Dunst, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Julia Stiles.
7. Heidi Klum – This 31 year-old goddess is Germany’s best export to the world since Mercedes Benz. One of the supermodels of high fashion, she models for Victoria’s Secrets. She is one of the world’s physically perfect specimens of female beauty, and unlike other beauties, she has her reputation for being very smart.
8. Britney Spears – After lying low for 18 months, this half-girl, half-woman 21-year-old pop princess is set to launch her fourth album soon. She had also announced that she is now looking for a new boyfriend.
A strange twist to her two-year romance with ex-boyfriend N Sync star Justin Timberlake was her recent revelation that she once had sex with him despite an earlier promise to remain a virgin until after marriage. She said she thought they would end up as a married couple but that she was wrong.
9. Loren Legarda Leviste – Beyond the telegenic looks and calculated public image-building, this legislator is a driven, highly-educated and strong-willed lady. This writer hopes that ambition and success will not corrupt her, that she avoids the pitfalls of becoming a cocky traditional politician, that she will eventually mature into a truly reformist leader who will use her popularity to make a big positive difference in Philippine national life. Is it realistic to expect a promising star to rise above our rotten political system and become a courageous social reformer?
10. Gloria Macapagal Arroyo – Although this writer is still disappointed at her insufficient social reforms, her appointing a lot of mediocre officials around her, her failure to address the ticking social time bomb of overpopulation, GMA’s intellectual brilliance, her drive, political genius and her remarkable grace under so much pressure make her an exceptionally beautiful person. Does she still have enough time to fearlessly champion dramatic social, political and economic reforms urgently needed to alter the course of Philippine history before the 2004 elections, whether she decides to run again for President or not? * * *
Thanks for your numerous messages. Please send your comments or suggestions to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 14277, Ortigas Center, Pasig City.
Reported by: Sol Jose Vanzi
© Copyright, 2003
by PHILIPPINE HEADLINE NEWS ONLINE
All rights reserved
PHILIPPINE HEADLINE NEWS ONLINE [PHNO] WEBSITE