MILLIONS LOST IN BASILAN FIRE

Isabela City, Basilan, April 19, 2003 -- More than P60-million worth of 
property were destroyed when a fire, believed to be caused by faulty 
electrical wiring, gutted the new public market in Isabela City, Basilan 
last Wednesday morning, reports reaching Camp Crame in Quezon City said.

A firefighter and a civilian were reportedly injured in the incident, 
police reports added.
Reports reaching Director General Hermogenes Ebdane Jr., chief of the 
Philippine National Police (PNP), said the blaze that lasted for several 
hours totally destroyed the entire Isabela City Public Market and other 
commercial buildings.

Three other residential establishments were also burned, reports added.

Arson probers said the cause of the fire was faulty electrical wiring. The 
fire allegedly started from the establishment owned by a certain Rodolfo 
Lim Jr.

Reported by: Sol Jose Vanzi

© Copyright, 2003  by PHILIPPINE HEADLINE NEWS ONLINE
All rights reserved


PHILIPPINE HEADLINE NEWS ONLINE [PHNO] WEBSITE