24 IN MISS RP 2001 PAGEANT; CORONATION NIGHT TONIGHT
Diliman, Quezon City, April 28, 2001 (STAR by Ricardo F. Lo) Twenty-four charming young ladies were presented to the media last April 19 at the Hotel Intercontinental in Makati, 11 of whom represent the regions while 13 come from the National Capital Region (NCR). They are vying for the Miss Philippines 2001, to represent the country in the first ever Miss Earth Beauty Pageant to be held here in November. Carousel Productions, headed by its President Ramon Monzon and Executive Vice-President Lorraine Schuck (former Mutya ng Pilipinas Asia), is behind this new beauty pageant. They have conceptualized a pageant with a difference, because they have a cause, a mission: To help care for and preserve the environment.
Coronation night is slated for tonight at the UP Theater in Diliman, Quezon City, to be aired live on RPN 9 at 9 o’clock. The event will be hosted by Calvin Millado and VJ Joey Mead.
Funfare "beauty experts" Gery Yumping, Francis Calubaquib, Joey Cezare and Felix Manuel (based in London) have picked their top bets, as follows:
1) Gemma C. Gatdula, 19, from Pampanga, representing the Central Luzon Region. She stands 5’7" and measures 33-24-35. An Aileen Damiles deadringer, she loves singing and plays volleyball. She studies at the Holy Angel University taking up Associate Travel Management.
2) Carlene A. Aguilar, 19, from the NCR, stands 5’8", and measures 36-25.5-35. She’s an advertising student of Assumption College and loves volleyball and swimming.
3) Anjelly C. Gamboa, 22, also from the NCR, measures 32.5-23-33 in a 5’5 1/2" frame. She’s a Broadcast Communication student of UP Diliman and currently works for Air Philippines as a flight attendant. She was Best in Long Gown in the 2000 Binibining Pilipinas search.
4) Andrea V. Del Rosario, 23, a budding actress, is with ABS-CBN’s Talent Center. She’s an advertising student of St. Scholastica’s College. She’s 5’4" and 35-25-35, from the NCR.
5) Joy Lynne P. Gregorio, 22, a physical therapy student at St. Jude College. She’s 5’4 1/2", 33.5-24-33. She’s into Taekwondo and Para-gliding.
6) Brigid C. Merañez, 19, a nursing student of Central Philippine University tips the scale at 5’8," measures 34-24-34. She represents the Western Visayas Region.
7) Marites L. Orjalesa, 22, a licensed physical therapist, stands 5’6" and measures 34-24-36. She represents the Northern Mindanao region. She loves listening to music.
Funfare congratulates Carousel Productions for a well-organized and successful launching of the Miss Philippines 2001 Beauty Pageant.
© Copyright, 2001 by PHILIPPINE
HEADLINE NEWS ONLINE
All rights reserved
Back to the PHILIPPINE HEADLINE NEWS ONLINE HomePage